My client, a rapidly expanding Leeds based company is keen to recruit an Assistant Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation, with plenty of scope for future progression within the business and the wider group.
Working within the manufacturing division you will be a key member of the Finance Team.
You will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller and ensuring that accurate financial records are maintained, financial transactions are promptly and accurately processed, and high quality financial information is provided to the business in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in preparation of accurate Management Accounts including balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Preparation & posting of monthly journals
- Accruals & prepayments
- Maintenance of fixed asset register & depreciation calculation
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of divisional cash flow forecast
- Manage the aged debtor report and credit control
- Manage the purchase ledger function
- Monthly VAT Return, EC Sales and Intrastats
- Completion of monthly balance sheet & control account reconciliations
- Prepare deferred income calculation and reconciliation
The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA part qualified (or possibly AAT qualified, with a desire to study further) with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience of Sage 200 and manufacturing experience would be highly desirable.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.