My client, a well-respected company is keen to appoint a qualified accountant into the role of Commercial Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be assisting with the preparation of financial forecasts and associated risks and opportunities. This will include working closely with the senior management team to produce the costings and profit models to support all business quotes.
You will be responsible for:
- Customer profitability models, sales margin analysis and price variance analysis.
- Maintain raw material & finished goods standards.
- Transport reconciliation and analysis and reconciliation of the Cost of Sales.
- Review of stock provisions for standard to actual & currency adjustments.
- Analysis of general ledger recharges and accruals.
- Analysis of Bank and foreign Currency revaluations.
- Review of CAPEX spend and depreciation provision.
- Controlling the budget timetable.
- Preparations of sales, transport, raw materials, and labour schedules.
- Preparation of debtors, fixed assets and stock schedules.
- Involvement in the internal & external audit of the stock takes.
- You will also provide cover for other roles within the finance team, including management accounts.
Role will suit a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach. A strong manufacturing background and practical experience of costing is desirable, but not essential. You will have advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc.) and advanced IT skills generally, knowledge of Microsoft Access would be an advantage. You will have experience of working to strict deadlines and have a flexible approach to working.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company, who is market leader in its field.