We are pleased to be working with our client to find an experienced credit controller to join their busy team based in Leeds. The role is hybrid with 3 days per week in the office and 2 days per week working from home once established in the role. The duties will include:
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting customer payments
- Achieving monthly collection targets
- Confidently dealing with a range of customers
- Responding to client enquiries
- Preparing statements
- Negotiation of payment and settlement plans
- Preparation of paperwork for legal proceedings and liquidation/administration where required
- Raising credit/bad debt requests
- Maintaining accurate customer information
- Preparation and completion of monthly direct debit collections
- Processing of dunning letters
- Attending and contributing to management meetings.
The role will suit an experienced credit controller with the following skills and experience:
- Credit control experience from a fast-paced organisation
- Strong communicator able to liaise with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills with a confident approach to difficult conversations
- Proactive, persistent and determined manner
- Self-motivated, comfortable working both independently and within a team
- Mathematically confident with a thorough attention to detail
- IT literate with proficiency in MS Excel
- Fluency in an additional European language such as French or German is desirable but not essential.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 14 days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.