My client, a well-established and growing manufacturing company is keen to recruit a finalist / newly / recently qualified accountant into a newly created role of Manufacturing Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, duties will include:
- Understand how the end to end systems work through the full manufacturing process including the creation of financial transactions in the P&L and balance sheet
- Responsible for overall stock accuracy, and minimising stock write offs
- Identify any discrepancies with stock postings and adjustments, and conduct appropriate investigations to resolve such issues
Implementation of improved processes and controls
- Co-ordinating weekly, monthly and year end stock takes including cut off procedures
- Month end stock reconciliation, ensuring the GRNI accruals balance to stock valuation
- Investigate and remedy obsolete stock
- Monitoring of purchasing behaviours
- Updating stock codes for Intrastat Data
- Ad hoc reports and investigations
Role will suit a qualified finance professional with previous experience in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge around standard costing, bill of materials and stock control
You will have a willingness to take a hands-on approach and get out on the factory floor to see how products are made, and track the movement of stock
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential for the role, together with strong technical and analytical skills
You will have strong IT skills, including intermediate level Excel skills (Pivot Tables & VLookup), Sage 200 manufacturing experience preferable, but not essential.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.