We are delighted to be supporting our growing client to find an Assistant Accountant to join the finance team based in East Leeds. The role offers a great deal of exposure with strong opportunities for progression for the right candidate. Study support will be provided if required. The role will support the Management Accountant and will include:
- Assisting with monthly management accounts
- P&L analysis including variance analysis to budgets
- Ensuring high quality financial information is provided to the business
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash analysis
- Posting month end journals
- Assisting with payroll when required
- Assisting with preparation of year end audit evidence
- Dealing with queries
- Assisting with ad hoc financial and administrative tasks
- Deputising for the Management Accountant where required.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, talented and experienced individual who is keen to learn. The required skills and experience are as follows:
- An experienced Assistant Accountant or highly talented/experienced Accounts Assistant ready to take the next step in their career
- Part-Qualified (CIMA, ACCA) or Fully/Part-Qualified AAT
- Strong and confident communicator at all levels
- Versatile and flexible in approach to work, willing to learn and be proactive in seeking guidance where required
- Confident, positive and diligent – consistently works to a high standard
- Proactive in identifying and resolving any issues
- Strong MS Excel skills are essential
- Sage 200 is ideal but not essential.
A Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 14 days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.