My client, a rapidly expanding group of companies based in Castleford, is keen to appoint an experienced Assistant Accountant to assist in the production of the monthly management accounts across the business financial cycle.
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the preparation and production of the monthly Management Accounts
- Fixed Assets – maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Support the wider finance team with the processing of customer rebates and intercompany recharges
- Support the Finance Manager in business partnering activities
- Identify potential process and system improvements
- Provide ad-hoc financial information to both the group and divisional management teams
- Supporting ad-hoc projects for the Finance team
- Assist with the preparation and supply of information for audits and tax returns
Role will suit an experienced, graduate calibre part qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant, who is actively studying. You will have excellent IT skills, with strong MS Excel capability. You will be a self-starter, who is analytical, with the ability to work to deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an acquisitive group of companies, in a key role which could develop into a Divisional Finance Manager role upon qualification.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.