My client is keen to appoint an assistant accountant to join a centralised finance team.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, duties will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts, including profit & loss account and balance sheet.
- Maintaining the nominal ledger, including the preparation and posting of prepayments, accruals and other journals.
- Producing reports and Excel spreadsheets for fee earners and managers as required.
- Processing of purchase invoices and credit notes on a daily basis.
- Processing supplier payment runs and monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Deal with supplier’s email and telephone enquiries.
- Processing and payment of employee expense claims on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with monthly payroll as required.
- Providing cover for Head of Accounts and Accounts Manager in their absence including reporting to the finance partner.
Role will suit an AAT qualified / part qualified ACCA / CIMA assistant accountant, with some exposure to the monthly management accounting process (experience of assisting with the production of p & l and balance sheet and accruals and prepayment journals). You will have excellent IT skills, including a good level of Excel knowledge.
to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot always reply to everyone personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.