Our client, a growing organisation based in Huddersfield, is keen to appoint a management accountant to take responsibility for the day to day running of the finance function of the business. Study support and a range of benefits are on offer along with the possibility for flexible/hybrid working arrangements. Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing the monthly management accounts and board pack
- Delivering financial operations such as payroll, purchase ledger, credit control and other transactional responsibilities
- Producing statutory accounts and managing the year end process
- R&D calculations, KPI reporting, VAT returns, PAYE, Corporation Tax
- Managing and maintaining internal and external client and stakeholder relationships
- Using Excel and other software to capture, monitor and analyse financial data ensuring systems are kept updated, records are filed and all required administration is completed
- Producing financial reports and financial research to guide senior executives in making sound short-term and long-term business decisions
- Facilitating and improving the financial practices and procedures within the company whilst understanding and adhering to all financial regulations and legislation.
The role will suit an experienced Management Accountant with qualifications in accounting, business or finance. The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience of SME accounting with an understanding of business principles and practices
- Highly organised approach, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and research skills with exceptional attention to detail and superior mathematical ability
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent IT and systems knowledge
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking ability.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 14 days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.