My client is keen to appoint an experienced purchase ledger clerk, in a stand-alone role, but part of a busy accounts team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, duties will include:
- Ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions
- Accurately maintain the Purchase Ledger
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details
- Ensure good internal control with respect to the Purchase Ledger function
- Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
- To reconcile supplier statements
- Responsible for the monthly closure of the Purchase Ledger and cash book postings
- To support the accounts team and cover in busy times and period of absence
- To actively contribute to the improvement of our processes
Role will suit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk, with great interpersonal and communications skills, good team working skills, the ability to work to monthly deadlines and an aptitude for IT, including Excel.
AAT study support is available for the right candidate.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.