We are pleased to be supporting our fast-growing manufacturing client in finding 2 experienced Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) professionals to join their busy team based in the M62 corridor/West Yorkshire area. The roles will include:
- Supporting the SHE Manager in providing a professional service to meet company and legislative requirements
- Ensuring a safe working environment is established and monitored
- Promoting a positive safety culture within a manufacturing environment, encouraging others to challenge existing practices and embrace change
- Proactively identifying and resolving SHE concerns alongside department managers
- Promoting safety, wellbeing and continuous improvement
- Completing risk assessments and other documentation to identify hazards and ensure suitable controls are established
- Ensuring any incidents/accidents are thoroughly investigated, providing prompt follow-up action to prevent reoccurrence
- Carrying out inspections and audits to ensure standards are maintained
- Supporting safety training and development across the workforce, ensuring workers are competent to carry out their duties.
The role will suit an experienced SHE professional with the following skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (minimum requirement)
- Auditor Training (desirable but not essential)
- Safety, health and environment experience from a manufacturing environment
- IT confident, experienced in MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to influence and challenge
- Positive team player, friendly and approachable.
The team is also looking for an SHE administrator level hire. Applications are also welcome from those starting out on their SHE career journey – the minimum requirements are excellent administrative skills, strong Excel ability and a keen attention to detail.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 14 days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.