Our successful client is looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their Bradford-based team. The role offers hybrid working and study support (where required) and will include the following responsibilities:
- Assisting the Senior Accountant
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Preparing and posting journals, accruals and prepayments
- Supporting with month end as requested
- Intercompany reconciliations and invoicing
- Daily cash book entry posting
- Entering supplier payments and employee expenses onto banking system
- Checking weekly payment runs
- Problem-solving, e.g. resolving supplier queries, highlighting backlogs, etc
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience from an Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger role
- Interested in learning more about financial accounting principles – may already be studying towards a finance qualification (AAT, CIMA & ACCA)
- Strong IT skills including good MS Excel, SAP experience would be an advantage but is not essential
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Positive and helpful team player
- Good time management
- Highly organised and able to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.