My client is keen to appoint a hands on accountant in a newly created role. This is an exciting business where you will be reporting into the business owner and taking full responsibility for the finance for the operation.
Duties will include:
- Full responsibility for sales, purchase and nominal ledgers
- To maintain ledgers to trial balance and produce monthly profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- To operate payroll and complete associated monthly and annual returns
- To deal with customer and supplier queries
- To produce annual budgets for each entity
- To ensure compliance with VAT, PAYE and other tax matters
Role will suit:
- Ideally AAT qualified or suitably qualified by experience accountant
- Ability to work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Experience of liaising with highly senior people within the organization
- An accountant with a commercial outlook and a desire to fully understand the business and business model
- Experience of Sage would be advantageous, but not essential
This is a full time role, but flexible working / reduced hours may be considered for a suitably experienced and qualified accountant.