I am working with a private equity backed specialist manufacturer, to appoint a qualified Financial Controller, to lead a small finance team and to be a key contributor to the operational management of the business. The company is experiencing exceptional growth, which is set to continue.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for ensuring effective financial controls, legislative compliance, effective management reporting as well as taking the lead for a new ERP implementation.
Key duties will include:
- Managing the finance function to maintain effective and robust controls and processes
- Providing clear and meaningful financial analysis and advice to the Financial Director and Board to support management decision making
- Reviewing and presenting monthly management accounts; including reporting on the company’s trading and financial position within agreed timescales.
- Preparing annual financial budgets for board approval including: profit and loss; balance sheet; and cash flow
- Organising working capital finance and cash flow forecasting
- To participate as a key member of the business’s management team to support business growth
- Responsible for reporting financial performance including all relevant KPI’s
- Maintenance and development of the costing system to ensure that product costs are accurate
- To provide data, information, guidance and support to all business functions
- Lead an ERP systems implementation (from a Finance perspective)
- Responsibility for overseeing HR and IT administration
- Prepare business models to assess investment decisions
- Developing processes and procedures to ensure strong controls are in place for audit compliance and being responsible for the annual audit process
- Supervising a small finance team with clear, confident direction; continuously developing the team to provide the business with high level financial support
Role will suit a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA qualified), ideally from an SME manufacturing background. You will have strong management accounting skills, with solid experience of working capital and cash flow management.
Ideally, you will have a proven track record in man management and experience of working in a private equity business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business experiencing an exceptional period of growth.