I am working exclusively on behalf of my client, a dynamic and agile business, operating via a multisite network across the UK and Europe. This impressive organisation take pride in delivering world class customer service to high profile customers. Following continued year upon year growth, a new requirement has arisen for a Group Accountant.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the role of the Group Accountant will be a key appointment to the Central Finance team.
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts for subsidiary and joint venture entities
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual Group consolidated accounts and half year results
- Lead in the audit process for the joint venture
- Liaising with the external auditors and assisting in the group audit process
- Review balance sheet accounts on a periodic basis
- Review and co-ordination of year-end audit schedules
- Management of the annual budget and reforecasts for a key UK subsidiary
- Preparation of the management accounts pack for a key UK subsidiary
- Accounting and reporting of Capex transactions and balances
- Assistance in the funding of major investment projects
- Assist with implementing new accounting standards (IFRS15/IFRS16)
- Producing first draft technical accounting papers
- Assistance in the preparation of annual tax computations
- Improve systems and controls
- Other projects in line with the future growth of the business
- MS Excel (Advanced (vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, etc)
- Approachable with a “Can-do” attitude
- Enthusiastic and the ability to work under pressure
- High level of integrity and passionate about getting it right
- Proactive and a Team-player & Communicator
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA ideally) with up to 3 years PQE. You will ideally have trained within practice. Experience in industry post qualification is desirable but not essential. Experience in statutory reporting and multi-currency consolidation is also desirable.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic business, who will offer genuine excellent prospects for future progression.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.