I am working exclusively with a registered charity, to appoint a Head of Finance, due to a recent promotion.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for delivering the financial objectives of the organisation.
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction to the Finance Team of 3 and more broadly to all areas of the organisation
- Work closely with the Chief Executive as part of the Senior Management Team, to plan and deliver the strategy and business development plans
- Ensure financial systems and processes are managed effectively and that billing to residents is accurate and timely, suppliers are paid on time, and cash flows are managed effectively
- Control the annual budget process and support the ongoing monitoring with department heads and support the development of the business plan
- The key contact and relationship with Auditors to ensure financial accounts are prepared and managed through their audit.
- Assist the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team with aspects of planning, research or review as appropriate and identify and share knowledge of best practice
- To work with all key internal and external stakeholders to ensure a quality service and reporting environment is maintained that adds value to the business
- To support the robust financial management of all sites and services, through the implementation and effective management of robust, effective systems and process that support legislative, regulatory and internal organisational requirements
I am looking for a qualified accountant (ACA. ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA), with effective strategic planning, management and leadership skills. You will have a proven track record of leading a finance team (at least 1 – 2 years).
You will demonstrate an appetite for continuous improvement, the delivery of quality and have a proven commitment to customer service.
You will have experience of working in a person cantered service sector and be able to show an understanding of the underlying principles of care of older people.
Experience of social housing, care sector and multi-agency and interdisciplinary working would be a distinct advantage.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.