Our client, a highly commercial and fast paced organisation based in Harrogate is looking for a Management Accountant. You will be responsible for working with company management to help them make upper level management decisions and help management use financial information to inform business strategy. Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare profit & Loss Accounts, budgets, cash flow and variance analysis
• Produce monthly management accounts
• Assist the Financial Controller with presentations to the board
• Analyse Financial performance and contribute to long term business planning and forecasting
• Communicating financial information to non-financial managers
• Support operations to complete accurate forecasting and budgeting at detailed reporting line level
• Provide a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help with financial decisions
• Looking at current processes, procedures and systems, recommending and documenting any improvements that can be made
• Looking at the current systems and again recommending and documenting any enhancements
• Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
• Assist with year-end audits including help with transition to new UK GAAP
The successful candidate will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or part/qualified accountant ideally from a practice background with experience of relevant financial operating systems essential with Sage 200 and advanced excel skills.
If you have a good working knowledge of accounting terms and concepts and are looking to work in a fast paced environment and are quick to learn, we loo9k forward to hearing from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.