My client, a well-established construction company experiencing a period of exceptional growth, is keen to appoint an experienced management accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be a key member of the Finance Team, ensuring that within the construction division accurate financial records are maintained, financial transactions are promptly and accurately processed, and high quality financial information is provided to the business in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for:
• The preparation of accurate Management Accounts including balance sheet, cash flow statement and Intercompany balances
• Assisting with monitoring and managing divisional cash flow including the preparation of the rolling cash flow forecast
• Deputising for the Financial Controller, including attendance at monthly Board Meetings and supervision of 3 staff
• Liaising with Quantity Surveyors & on-site teams regarding site progress and valuations
• Monitoring Actual V Budget per site and investigating any variances
• Preparation & posting of monthly journals & completion of balance sheet reconciliations
• Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled
• Manage the aged debtor report and credit control
• Manage the purchase ledger function ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Assisting with the collation of the monthly payroll data in line with group timetable and processing related payments
• Prepare VAT Return and CIS Return each month
• Assisting with the preparation of year-end audit file and tax packs for the Division
• Providing additional financial information to the business as needed and completing ad-hoc financial and business projects
Role will suit an experienced management accountant, with a strong background in construction. You will ideally be a part or qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation, with plenty of scope for future progression within the business and the wider group.